Alternatives to Obamacare/ACA
Welcome! Thank you for your interest in ACA/Obamacare Alternatives from Hummingbird Insurance.
To get free help and consultation from one of our professional agents, schedule an appointment here, or give us a call at 828-372-0101 for assistance over the phone. We are here to help you-
Alternatives to the ACA: 3-point plan
The idea is simple: the short term medical policies provide catastrophic coverage, while the indemnity plan(s) should help you cover the deductible of the short term plan and/or the lost wages, extra bills and costs that usually accompany medical care. The third piece of the puzzle includes medical access and care. We recommend a cash-based Direct Primary Care clinic, lke Integrative Family Medicine of Asheville, or for a lower-priced option, Telemedicine from Allyhealth. Hummingbird agents are able to offer a 50% discount on the Integrative Family Medicine of Asheville enrollment fee!
For a more complete explanation of the ideas below, take a look at our recent blog post for the Asheville Home Builders Association. Below are some main points of consideration for Alternatives to Obamacare/ACA coverage; please read the product brochures for full details available on the carrier websites. Most clients who pay full price in the Marketplace are able to save 50-75% off their current premiums, including all 3 points of the plan below:
Cash to help cover the bills (or deductible)
- Simply put, an indemnity plan says “If X happens, then you get imbursed $Y”
- Some categories include Hospital, Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness, and others
- Several new Combination or Hybrid Multi-Level indemnity plans are now available
- e.g., See the ‘Health ProtectorGuard’ options and other plans from UHOne
- May be either “fixed” or “coordinated“ indemnity benefit design. ‘Fixed’ is the stated amount, whereas ‘coordinated’ means reimbursement only for actual monies spent
Essential catastrophic coverage
- Up to 91 days coverage per plan; 2 plans can be combined upfront, with the second plan acceptance guaranteed in the case of medical need during the first period - referred to as a “3x2” plan. Deductibles per period are adjustable, from $2500 - $12,500/person
- Does NOT cover pregnancy, mental health or substance abuse
- Is medically-underwritten. Applicants may be denied, or pre-existing conditions may be excluded from plan coverage. 12 months’ wait on PreX for previous 12 months history
- Many plans from Hummingbird provide up to $2 million coverage for medical needs
- Affordable rates. Usually much lower than ACA depending on age, area + tobacco use
Primary Care and Medical Access:
Direct Primary Care at Integrative Family Medicine of Asheville (integrativeasheville.org)
- Unique partnership with the #1-rated cash-pay clinic in WNC to discount your entry fee!
- IFMA provides direct primary care with an integrative focus at reasonable prices
- Membership-basis with monthly fees allows IFMA to keep copay low at $20/visit
- Membership termination in under 12 months results in $250 early cancellation fee
- Hummingbird clients are buffered from future monthly fee increases for 12 months
or, Telemedicine/Telehealth access from Allyhealth + MDLive
- Most affordable medical access available, at $12/mo or $100/yr for the WHOLE FAMILY with no extra per-visit charges or copays!
- Access care anytime 24/7 from anywhere in the US
- Help is available via a smartphone app, by the telephone, or online
- Most common ailments can be treated; Rx prescriptions and labs can be ordered
Custom Alternatives Quote
For a personalized quote, complete the request below and one of our professional agents will be in touch within 1-2 business days. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call us directly at 828-372-0101 for free help.
We look forward to helping you find the right solution!